Coolguy - Frost/Arcane Mage (TBD for Tomb)[Declined]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Coolguy
Peon

Coolguy - Frost/Arcane Mage (TBD for Tomb)[Declined]

Postby Coolguy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:05 am

Character info
Name:
Coolguy.

Class:
Mage, Orc Mage... The one true race.

Mainspec:
Frost, or Arcane. Not sure for Tomb yet. So far for Nighthold, Frost all the way. Got Leges for Arcane in the bank.

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?
Switched from Rogue to Mage in Nighthold. Leveled mage "just for fun", "for pvp only", but when I did couple instances I instantly noticed that this is way more fun than rogue. Afterwards I talked to couple officers in my guild Minority, and with votes 3-1 I got to change my main.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?
So far I only have experience with Frost (and Fire on Skorpyron... "Zergtactic"... gazillion dps :D), but I have 105% knowledge of every spec, from talents to rotations. So yes, Im able to play any spec. For tomb Im not sure if Im going frost or fire, since there is no 100% knowledge which is the best spec (And Im aware that it may change according to boss).

Player info & hardware

Nationality:
Finnish.

Can you use TS3?
Yes, but Discord anyone?

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?
Around 60, depends on the amount of spell effects.

Player history and aims
What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
In Warlords of Draenor I raided with Fade, being the top-dps of the guild with my Rogue, but our paths has diverged from since then.
So far in Legion Ive been a member in two guilds, Throbbing Gronn and Minority.
When I started Legion, I came in with a really casual approach considering my WoD gaming; Just play whenever, raid whenever, do whatever.
But still, I got this weird vibe in TG raids that "people arent giving their best", which they werent, since it was friends "pleb guild".
I got abit of burnt out for Legion after couple months because of this, and decided to have a break, play guitar more, write some songs etc.etc.
When I came back, I leveled up my rogue, and 2 weeks from that I applied to Minority; 1 week later I was progress raiding Spellblade.
I was serious this time. I wanted progress, I wanted kills, I wanted it all.
It all went nice and good, until we killed Star Augur, which after our 2 best healers left, and guild started to have ALOT of inside-drama.
Ive been thinking it for a couple weeks, but it wasnt until yesterday, approx 4hours ago, that I decided it was my time to move on for greener pastures.
It was after our officers told us were not even gonna TRY guldan, after our succesfull Elisande kill, before Tomb; that were going Mythic Helya instead... Just another "miss" on the officers "success" list...

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?
I can attend Mondays through Sundays 15-00.

Raid Experience (Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD):
Classic I killed everything prior to C'thun, in Requiem in Ahnqiraj realm, with my ex-accounts Mage.
TBC was more of a slack, finishing upto Teron Gorefiend in Black Temple with random pugs on my Rogue.
WotLK was my shiniest expansion to date, raidleading a pug (allthough the raid was almost the same every week) through 11/12 heroic (with 5% buff) with my Resto Shaman.
Cataclysm 7/8 heroic with my Prot Warrior.
MoP 5/6 heroic Heart of Fear with my Rogue.
WoD 12/13 heroic with my rogue, with the guild Fade on Stormreaver

What do you expect from Colour?
I expect a legendary-status guild with a chill playerbase, thriving for a maximum effort on the days raiding happens, which is 3 days a week.
Blood, sweat, and tears. Achievements popping, gear dropping, TS3 full of excited screams...
Helpful guildies, no-one left behind -attitude...
The thrive to be one of the best...

Raiding
How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?
Responsibility can mean many things...
Is it responsibility to bring all the food/flask/rune buffs required to the raid?
Is it responsibility to perform your task to the fullest, if its standing and soaking on Ticho, to dieing on Botanist when getting the debuff in P3?
Is it motivating and cheering your guildies, so they could achieve something they never achieved before?
Its all of the above, and I got it all coming with me.
Its who I am, its what I thrive for.

How do you prepare yourself for raids?
Youtube "Fatboss *bossname*", gg, collect loot. ":D"
If its real progress boss, firstly Im checking youtube for PTR videos (which there are plenty), which after Im turning for ingame Adventure Guide to get a grip of the boss. The abilities, what hes doing in each phase, everything memorized, so I can build a picture in my brains. Which Im really good at \o/

Class mechanics
How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?
Before I even started to raid with this character, I already checked out many youtube videos of players who are kings of the class.
I read guides (Icy veins mostly, being the superb one), and lastly I test out stuff myself with training dummies and easier difficulties of raid (I never go 105% in normal/heroic, I always try something new to be better next time on mythic difficulty).
I record most of my tries, and all of my kills, and I check them later to see if theres some noticeable mistakes that I make.
Next time Im there, Im trying to focus to get the mistakes done right.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?
10 seconds before pull: I pop my joints on my fingers.
3 seconds before pull: Prepot and start casting Ebonbolt.
PULLTIME!!!: I cast Icy Veins, followed by Flurry, and instantly followed by Ice Lance.
1 sec after PARTYTIME!!!: I cast Frozen Orb, followed by spamming of Frostbolt and Ice Lance (Ice Lance if im on 3 stacks of Fingers of Frost, Frostbolt straight to Ice Lance if Im not).
-> follow this rotation till Frozen Orb ends.
Followed up by the single target rotation of Ice Lance (if 3 FoF procs)>Frostbolt to Flurry(If BrainFreeze proc)>Ice Lance after BrainFreeze flurry>Ice Lance if 1 proc of FoF> Frostbolt as filler.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank & spank? What situations are these?
The rotation is the same for multitarget fights, just gotta add "Blizzard" in there after Frozen Orb (Orb makes it Instant, thanks to trait).
Other ways to adjust myself is to perfect the spot where Im standing. Your positions on boss affect your dps by heck a lot, by diminishing the movement you need to make.
For examples I could give Chronomatic Anomaly: Staying stacked with the raid, while popping Blizzard and ST-rotation to big-add/small adds afterwards; Spellblade Aluriel: same Blizzard poppin' when Mark of Frost or Searing Brand animates; Tichondrius Bat-phase; Krosus's Burning Pitch's that dont get soaked; Botanist fight all along (yes... should ST :D); Star Augurs last phase adds; Elisandes slow/fast add stack; Guldans normal Eyes.

Miscellaneous
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... y/advanced

Link to relevant logs (World of Logs, Warcraftlogs or AskMrRobot):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... er/coolguy

Link your UI in a raid situation:
http://imgur.com/a/dOpzc (I have boss-frames just right to my character)

Anything else you wish to say?
I hope that after everythings considered, apart from my logs... they cant be good if the guild aint perfect... I have a /ginvite waiting when I next time log in.
Im offering you a player who gives 110% every time its needed, but at the same time, Im offering you a enjoyable gaming partner, who helps you push harder, who stands by you when you have hard times, who supports you to give in all you got, to get that last % of the boss-bar vanish, to get that kill... To get that achievement... To get that glory...
Im glad I had the possibility to apply for one of the Stormreavers Legendary guilds, and whatever you decide, I stand behind your decision.

Thanks for taking your time to read through all this, and hopefully we'll see you in the future!

Sincerely,
Coolguy

Leefter
Centurion

Re: Coolguy - Frost/Arcane Mage (TBD for Tomb)[Pending]

Postby Leefter » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 am

Hello Coolguy and thank you for your application.
We will get back to you asap.

-Officer Team
Image Even though you don´t hear me, I´m still there ;)

Zeord
Guild Master

Postby Zeord » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:23 am

Hey,

Mythic progression takes quite long and we might hit brick walls time to time which requires persistence from the players.
In this (and recent expansions) you don't have that long periods of constant raiding. Main reason we've been going on for so long is because
our raiders stay and raid with us even when progression might get slower.
How can you assure us that you will keep raiding and playing through thick and thin?

-Lemon

Thealm
Sergeant

Postby Thealm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:21 am

Heya Coolguy,

I've got some mage specific questions for you. You mained frost for NH yet you did not mention double IL. This makes me wonder if your only mage resource is Icy Veins? I'd like to know what your sources are for this 105% spec knowledge.

Icy Veins is really slow to update their guides and their guides are on "Hello im new to this class, how do I play it?" level. In legion to stay on top of your game the best guides come from Altered-time mage discord. They have immense amount of PTR testing and usually have info on changes even before they happen. Also the final tweaking comes from your own simming since in there is no set in stone statweights for mages at least.

Are you planning on multi-speccing or focusing on one spec for Tomb (also do you have a favourite spec or do you enjoy all of them)? Also what is your current legendary situation for each spec?

-Thealm-

Zeord
Guild Master

Postby Zeord » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:35 pm

We've decided to decline this application.

-Officer Team

Return to “Recruitment”