Kubaisí - Shadow Priest [Accepted]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
kuba212
Peon

Kubaisí - Shadow Priest [Accepted]

Postby kuba212 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 am

Character Info:

Name: Kubaisí

Class: Priest

Mainspec: Shadow (DD)

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?

Shadowpriests are really strong in legion and i got interested based on the Surrender to Madness playstyle. It provided me with a hard spec to master and a very involving playstyle. Currently voidform minmaxing is a very fun playstyle for me and i have fell in love with shadowpriests.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?

I mainly play dps specs (i currently have a DH, assa rogue and frost mage as alts) and i mostly raid on them on heroic/alt raids.However i am comfortable with playing my alts at a fair level.

Player info & hardware:

Nationality: Qatari

Can you use TS3?:

Yes, i have no problem with using voip as they are an integral part of success in any competitive environment. I have played CSGO on a high level and it requires clear communication with team members. As WoW is a team game it does mean that communication between players is very crucial while progressing high end content.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?

My fps hovers around ~100

Player history and aims

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?

I have started legion in casual guilds such as Salvage crew and profanus. Knowing myself and my competitive thirst i have pushed myself into raiding mythic in the current guild i am in (tit or tail) with Ajoey and Loyiale. I am applying to colour because i know it can fit my needs of competitiveness and more raid days.

My aim as a player is to provide my guild members with the utmost of my abilities and provide the raiding team with a strong competitive player.

Raid Experience:

I started raiding with guilds in the begging of legion (i pugged content during WOTLK icc and some of MOP)

EN 7/7m
TOV 2/3m
NH 8/10m

What do you expect from Colour?:

I expect a competitive raiding mindset with the drive to push high end content within a 3 day raid schedule.

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?

Raiding

How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?

Responsibility might be a heavy burden on someone who is unaware of his/her task. Whenever i am faced with a responsibility i will try my utmost to become familiar and be prepared with the situation at hand, and more importantly i come with the mindset of being confident in my abilities and achieve what is expected from me as an individual and as a player.

How would you prepare yourself for a raid?

Preparing for a raid means that i am required to familiarize myself with the bosses within the raid. To attain full focus during raid i make sure that there are no distractions that will hinder myself and the raid team. By preparing for raids i make sure i am warmed up with my rotation (dummy pulls) and have read on any tactics and looked up logs in order to fully understand what is expected of me as a raider and to fully maximize my capabilities as a player.

Class mechanics:

How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?

I have spent many hours playing my shadow priest and check many resources such as my class discord/Howtopriest.com. However most of my knowledge has come from high tier shadowpriest players such as Atroxx, Viklund, and other creators of content on youtube/twitch mainly. I take most of my gameplay into a competitive mindset where i try to maximize my rotation (mythic+, farm content, legendary runs and such). I mainly try to improve myself and take the opportunity to do so within every aspect of my gameplay.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?

Shadowpriest rotations rely heavily on legendary usage and haste levels. Within the current t19 4 set a shadowpriest would want to prepot on 2 then precast mindblast apply vampiric touch and sw: pain, mindflay (filler) and cast mindblast off cd until 65 insanity. 65 insanity pop void eruption to enter voidform and spam voidbolt until 4 set is off. After 4 set falls you want to cast void torrent instantly if you do not have legendary belt. with legendary belt you want to dump your 2x mindblasts and voidbolt into void torrent. the rotation from there is quite simple as there is a priority of: Voidbolt-Mindblast and mindflay if none of them are up. This gets faster as you get more haste (140-150%) and the rotation changes from voidbolt-mindblast-mindflay into voidbolt-mindblast-voidbolt-mindflay-voidbolt-mindblast-voidbolt (etc.) instead of the normal lower haste voidbolt-mindblast-mindflay-voidbolt-mindflay-mindblast.

For shadowpriest the rotation is not a set one since there are priorities to spells and those priorities are lowered by global cd as u get alot of haste from high voidform stacks+power infusion and bloodlust.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank and spank? What situations are these?

While there are adds spawning i mostly want to dot them all up instead of entering voidform instantly. Because i would lose 4 set (4 seconds of voidbolt spam) and it is much harder to dot them all up at later stacks of voidform due to the mechanic of voidform and insanity generation. There are alot of instances where losing 1-2 globals would mean that your voidform will drop due to these missed chances of generating insanity from voidbolt and mindblast therefore there needs to be careful planning within each voidform that a shadowpriest enters. VF uptime for shadowpriest hovers around 75-80% depending on a fight and it is a shadowpriest's source of damage. Therefore mantaining voidform is of the utmost importance and one needs to plan ahead of time how to handle voidforms based on mechanics, adds spawning, phase transitions and so on.

Miscellaneous

Professions: Tailoring/Enchanting

Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... bais%C3%AD

Link to relevant logs (World of Logs or Warcraftlogs):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

Raid Ui link:
http://i.imgur.com/JZJClaT.jpg

Simple elveui with details and some WA

Anything else you wish to say?

I am sincerely looking forward towards raiding with Colour and i am hoping that i can become a very helpful asset towards the raiding team.

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Kubaisí- Shadow Priest

Postby Jerkix » Wed May 17, 2017 1:27 am

Hey Kubaisí

Thanks for the application and the talks ingame. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Jerkix

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Kubaisí - Shadow Priest [Accepted]

Postby Jerkix » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Hey again Kubaisí

We are excited to tell you that we have decided to accept your application and would like to offer you a trial spot in Colour!

As soon as you are ready to join us poke me, Nóxiuz, Thealm, Lemonhunter, Sillykon or Leefter ingame for a guild invitation :)

Welcome on board!

Jerkix

Return to “Recruitment”