Ajoey - Assassination Rogue [Accepted]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Ajoey
Peon

Ajoey - Assassination Rogue [Accepted]

Postby Ajoey » Tue May 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Character Info

Name:
Ajoey

Class:
Rogue

Mainspec:
Assassination

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?
I have been a rogue main from the day i started playing WoW late Wotlk / Cataclysm launch. I have not enjoyed any other class more than rogue and always tried to strive for perfection. I started coaching other rogues in Dragon Soul and have kept doing that up to this day. As a rogue i excel in amazing, consistent boss damage and I have a great set of utility abilities for various mechanics. Rogues are also equipped with broken survivability skill set, meaning I do not die until a wipe is called.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?
I do not have extensive raiding experience in Subtlety or Outlaw in Legion. However i am close to obtaining all BiS legendaries for both offspecs, and perfecting the rotations for both is a matter of a few days up to a week. At the moment i am ready to switch to subtlety if needed, outlaw requires more extensive gear changes and will not be viable that quickly.

Player info & hardware

23 Finnish

Can you use TS3?
Yes. Communication is key for success. I have no problems communicating on coms. The last bit of shyness dissipated after 1 year of raid leading in cataclysm.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?
Depends how many affliction warlocks cheese Skorpyron, Normal fps 70+ on all other encounters

Player history and aims

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
Started Legion in casual guilds (Salvage crew-Ragnaros and Profanus-Ragnaros) together with Loyiale and Kubaisí. As the expansion continued we found ourselves craving for more and more mythic content. We transfered to Stormreaver and joined Tit or Tail. The guild was not working out as we would have hoped for and thus applying to Colour.

Previous Raid Experience (All expansions):
-Cataclysm: Firelands 10 normal, Dragon soul 10 and 25 HC.
-MoP: casual Heart of fear, Mogu'shan vaults and Terrace of endless spring.
-WoD: N/A
Legion: Emerald Nightmare Mythic with Pugs (hosted by Nova on Ragnaros)

What do you expect from Colour?
Main aspect is 3 raid days, only raided 2 days a week so far and have found that lacking. For raiding, what i would like to see is structure and routine for progress.

Raiding

How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?
I have recieved training in taking responsibility, being an officer in the Finnish marine forces. Responsibility is what makes people shine and exceed their own limits, even if it forces them out of their comfort zone. i prefer taking responsibility, going for that extra mile. Makes those "tank n spank" encounters so much more rewarding.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank
fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?
Playing with Assassination Shoulders:
(from stealth) Garrote - mutilate 5cp rupture, mutilate 4cp envenom, mutilate (guaranteed 5 agonizing poison applications at this point) Vendetta mutilate, Vanish Blood fury + Gnawed Thumb Ring 5cp envenom. kingsbane mutilate 5cp envenom, mutilate 4cp envenom, mutilate 4cp envenom. After this carefully calculated and Min Maxed opener the rotation follows: mutilate until 4-5 combo points, Envenom followed by fast mutilates and
continued Envenoms @ 4-5 combo points within the 5 second Surge of Toxins debuff on the target caused by Finishing abilities. Reapply garrote and rupture when they are about to fall off while lowkey energy pooling. Assasination is very fluid, main reason why i love it. split second descisions wether to try squeeze in a global before SoT debuff falls off, or let it drop and pool while waiting to reapply garrote on 0.1 sec and start envenom chain anew from 100-120 energy.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank and spank? What situations are these?
Rotation is the same for any situation, keep bleeds up and spam envenom. Maximising surge of toxins debuff however is more or less impossible without 100% uptime on 1 target. The damage buff is 10% on and off, so not being on 1 target will result in around 6% dps loss on envenom. nothing special. on fights that require actual mechanics, the damage comes from ur vendetta+kingsbane cd windows, which are every 35-40 seconds.

Miscellaneous

Professions: Alchemy and Herbalism

Armory Link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... aver/ajoey
Link to relevant logs (World of Logs or Warcraftlogs):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
Raid Ui link:
(very clean, a couple WA's and thats it)
http://imgur.com/nwADvwW

Anything else you wish to say?
I look forward raiding with Colour and hopefully giving all other guilds on the realm a run for their money in Tomb of Sargeras :)

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Ajoey - Assassination Rogue

Postby Jerkix » Tue May 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Hey Ajoey

Thanks for the application and the talks ingame. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Jerkix

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Ajoey - Assassination Rogue [Accepted]

Postby Jerkix » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Hey again Ajoey

We are excited to tell you that we have decided to accept your application and would like to offer you a trial spot in Colour!

As soon as you are ready to join us poke me, Nóxiuz, Thealm, Lemonhunter, Sillykon or Leefter ingame for a guild invitation :)

Welcome on board!

Jerkix

Return to “Recruitment”