Temuri, Restoration Druid [Declined]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Temuri
Peon

Temuri, Restoration Druid [Declined]

Postby Temuri » Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Character info
• Name: Pandaruid (will rename when transferring)

• Class: Druid

• Mainspec: Restoration {but willing to put in the effort to dps (moonkin)/tank aswell]

• Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?
I Chose this class because I prize myself as a versatile player with a background in raiding (vanilla, tbc, wotl, cata, end of MoP, and WoD}. I’m a returning player to wow and I like the fast paced ever changing possibilities that this class brings. For example: when healing m+ I love to switch effortlessly between healing, catweaving, popping in to bearform on fight where you need to soak big hits. Druid is just such a versatile class with a lot of utility when u know how to use it.

• Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs? In my career of WoW I have played almost any class during all expansions, but I fell In love with monk and druid, because of the versatility and utility the classes can bring in their niche ways. It forces you to think creative and when thought through it can pay off.

• I have been a healer focused but equally enjoying tank and dps specs for over 11 years in wow. I;ve raided al;lmost all content that was current at the time. Apart from old naxx due to lack of tanks.

More recently, During WoD I used to rank 90th percentile as a mistweaver monk on HFC progression and some of the logs still stand from that day.

Player info & hardware
• Nationality: Dutch
• Can you use TS3? Yes I can
• Is speaking in TS3 difficult to you? Why? I tend to be quiet until I feel comfortable but when asked or needed I am not afraid to give feedback, input or call out for help/mechanics.
• Whats your fps in raids during boss fights? 60+ sometimes mid 50’s with high particle density.
• How are you connected to the Internet? State your download and upload speeds and your provider.
http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6299784580.png Ziggo internet formerly known as UPC

Player history and aims
• What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now? During classing, I was part of Eat more cake on aerie peak, we were a realm 1st hardcore 6 nights a week raiding guild. After wotlk launch my account got hacked and I took a break for a year, decided to come back but the hardcore mentality was semi gone. After that I joined with a small grp of friends to try the competitive gaming scene and we went for realm 1st as a 10 man team on ragnaros with our guild sons of anarchy. I took a break until late firelands and then joined a 25 man guild t progress dragonsoul and stayed witht hem through WoD. Cleared most heroic/mythic raiding and in wod I raided on an off until I joined Evanesence. In legion the guild decided to merge on twisting nether but fell apart. Until now I am in a small guild trying mythic raiding but we lack signups and I don’t really feel at home there. That’s why I am writing this application as I want to get back in that mythic fun raiding scene and experience what blizzard has to offer us on the highest level while trying to be competitive and helpful.

• How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)? 10/12 raids a month should be np for me. My schedule is pretty flexible.

• Raid Experience (Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD): Classic, ive raided molten core, bwl, AQ20/40, gruuls, karazhan, SSc, the eye, BT, naxx wotlk, ulduar, ToTC, Icc, Nefarians, Twilight, firelands, dragonsoul, siege of ogrimmar, highmaul, HFC.

• What do you expect from Colour?

• I’ve gotten to know Eleet while faring m+ and had a talk with him. He tells me you are a solid and old guild and that is what I am hoping to find. A stable raiding and gaming environment where I can make new friends and have fun thogether with the focus on the PVE side of WoW mainly Mythic raiding and M+.

• I am looking for a friendly, motivating and challenging surrounding that makes me want to strive to be the best at what I do and have a lot of fun while doing it, being it either mythic +, mythic raiding, or just casual chilling with the guildies and helping each other out. I want to be part of a community that feels coherent (something I miss in my current guild).
Raiding

• How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example? I strive to prepare the best I can for upcoming goals and content. I see no shame in admitting if I did something wrong and am allways eager to learn and develop myself. I believe that if you are willing to be honest you can only learn and get better. After all the goal is to work thogether right. I do however always want to try the best I can to execute my role as perfect as possible.

• How do you prepare yourself for raids? When available I study tactics, killvideos, boss abilities. An di try to practice them if there are similar mechanics available ingame. When PTR testing is a part of the guild I am always up for getting toknow mechanics/tactics early on and try to find ways to overcome them or even work around them if it benefits tactics. Or just plain focus on execute them. I always carry runes, flasks, pots, tomes and own a repair mount so I will never enter with low durability.
Class mechanics

• How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?

I’m usually on the druid discord to watch trends and changes, find optimal gear setups for mechanics etc.
Even though I recently rerolled in patch 7.2 I played druid for years and am quickly mastering the class again as it fits my playstyle so well, I;m getting very accustomed to cat/bearweaving and cheesing certain mechanics and tricks i.e. soaking stuff in bearform then healing up to full. Using Ursol’s vortex + typhoon to double interrupt or have certain dps abilities from players hit 2x instead of one (i.e. frostmages orbs) Atm I’m trying to focus mainly on throughput and mana management through m+ and raids. Sadly in my current guilds raid there is poor communication and we have healers overlapping and sniping heals.

I met Eleet in mythic + runs and he can tell me how I heal currently as he was tanking.

• What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?

• Resto Main Preffered Main Spec/Offspec
Opener:
Effloresence pre pull and pre hot tanks+ raids if needed, use innervatre early so I have more uses but not letting it go to waste when no heals are needed. If there is low healing required I catweave or spam other abilities for that extra dmg onto boss.

During fight:
Keep hots rolling on tanks and injured people, watching timers for mechanics to pre hot incoming damage, dispels when required, renew efflorescence

Oh Shit! Moments:
Use cooldowns like Essence of ghanir, velens futuresight, use Flourish after a wild growth to extend all rlling hots + extend wildgrowth, use barkskin as personal, cast ironbark on a raidmember who is about to take massive dmg.

• Boomkin: Possible offspec/mainspec (will require some grinding from my part to get concordance)
Opener:
Pre pot > precast solar wrath and new moon> Cast Celestial Alignment/Incarnation+Berserking>

During fight:
Maintain dots, cast new/half/full moon, don’t cap on astral power, use Starsurge/Starfall depending on fight, getting stacks of Lunar and Solar empowerment and make sure I utilize them all, I usually prefer to cast starsurge 2x then pumping out short burst and keeping that up while weaving in the new/half/full moon casts.

When burst is required:
Use pots, recast Celestial Alignment/Incarnation+Berserking and maintaining rotation .

Oh Shit! Moments:
Use personal cooldowns/Bearform+Enraged Regen. Battle res dead raiders when called for.

• Guardian: Preferred Offspec/Possible mainspec
Opener:
Pre pot > charge > pop dps macro for agro

During fight:
Pump out as much damage while keeping rage up for Ironfur (Mark of Ursol will be removed) and watch timers so I can save rage for mechanics that require defensives. Allways keeping rage or a defensive up for an event.

Also as a tank, constantly trying to be aware of raidmembers, spawning ads or incoming mechanics and focus on positioning myself and dodging/negating mechanics that are required to. And trying to maintain a high uptime on selfheals.

When burst is required:
Use pots, pop dps macro for damage burst

Oh Shit! Moments:
Use personal cooldowns/ Enraged Regen Keep Ironfrun up/ Barksin/ Survivl instincts/ Rage of the Sleeper

• Feral: Don’t play this :)

• How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank & spank? What situations are these?

Miscellaneous
o Armory Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /pandaruid

o Link to relevant logs (World of Logs, Warcraftlogs or AskMrRobot):

o https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1 Before racechange

o https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1 After racechange

o Anything else you wish to say?

o As said before the reason I am applying is becase I stumbled upon eleet and we did some nice content thogether and he/she seems a sound person. I’d love ot be part of a guild with players like him/her (I know one person is not fully representative for a whole guild but I like to think guilds try to have a certain type of players in their main rosters. I'm sure he/she's willing to vouch for me.

o Furthermore I hope you’re willing to consider me as a possible member of your team and I am looking forward to possible progression! Cheers, Jorik.

If you have any questions, add me on battletag and i am more thanw illing to reply: Absolemn#21447

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Temuri, Restoration Druid

Postby Jerkix » Tue May 16, 2017 6:16 pm

Hey there Temuri

Thanks for taking your time to write us an application. We will get back to you as soon as possible!

Officers

Eleet
Sergeant

Re: Temuri, Restoration druid application

Postby Eleet » Tue May 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Great apply mate and the best of luck :)

Temuri
Peon

Re: Temuri, Restoration Druid [Pending]

Postby Temuri » Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks for the quick response, take all the time you need to discuss ofcourse. on a side note i am more than willing to fulfill other roles like dps or tanking allso willing to play monk, as i enjoy and master both classes quite equally. (i'll gear myself as much as i can ofcourse outside raids, as i'm not applying just for the boost ;). (i expect to have concordance on both chars across all specs when 7.2.5 hits

Balanciz
Grunt

Postby Balanciz » Wed May 17, 2017 6:01 pm

So temuri i have some questions. how are you using cenarion ward as i see you have pretty low uptime on it as you have almost 1min window when it is not up, i know it has a cd but you can use it more under 1 min. Also id say you should practice on lifebloom uptime as it should be averaged at around 75-80% its a small thing but more free regrowths is golden. Also i see your using the priestess enchant. in our current situation when we have hots and efflo rolling 24/7 we want to use the mastery enchant mostly. I also watched your chronomatic anolamy log and saw you only had 44 rejuvunation casts on that log i dont rly see why you had that low amount of casts as even i who's using shoulders that extends them had more. as without shoulders you should be having more casts then 44 and if boss dies in 3 min like yours did you can spam reju's way more :) ( Also watched this application when your latest logout armory was in guardian specc would love to see your resto gear ;) ) also 1 last question do you know what talents to be used on what boss as i saw you used germination on Mythic krosus ?

Temuri
Peon

Postby Temuri » Thu May 18, 2017 3:06 pm

In response to the questions:

Atm i am using cenarion ward as a cooldown for when tanks are low, i recently wrote new wa's to track the cd's on it as the old one was failing so my uptime on it should be better.

the same goes for lifebloom, i had bad trackers and wrote new wa's that tell me when it is falling off or under the 4sec rrefresh window.

about the talents atm, i prefer to use the talents that are recommended but i am asked by my guild to run certain specs. and well i try to keep them happy ;). i have researched what talents to take per fight. but i will not disregard raidorders.

in regard to the enchant i was trying out different enchants for artifact challenges. but i have the trained soldier on during raids.

about the rejuv spam, i know should be casting more and will cast more ofcourse. i know its the best efficiency heal we have.

and i should be logged out in my resto gear as of now.

i really appreciate these questions and input as it helps me get better!

i hope my answers are satisfactory.

best regards, Temuri.

i have 2 sents for resto, one is mastery focussed and the other crit/haste atm in raids i seem to get way better results witht he crit/haste set. as mastery DR's are severe

Leefter
Centurion

Postby Leefter » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello Temuri

We have decided to decline your application due to the fact that we can't fit you into our current roster.

Leefter
Image Even though you don´t hear me, I´m still there ;)

Return to “Recruitment”