Gorehowler - Fury Warrior [Declined]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Gorehowler
Peon

Gorehowler - Fury Warrior [Declined]

Postby Gorehowler » Thu May 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Character info:
Name: Gorehowler

Class: Warrior

Mainspec: Fury

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild? I've been playing a warrior since late cata, when I started playing this game. I'd played about 3 classes @ level 85 for about a month each and figured that warrior fit the best for me. I play a fury warrior, and right now that's the only spec I've played, because of artifact traits etc. with fury warrior being very mobile there are alot of mechanics I can do which other classes would have a harder time doing/loosing way more dps while doing it (for example empowered bonds of fel), but after that, there's not alot I can do besides that. Prot is a work in progress, so I will be able to tank, given time.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs? As I said, the only spec I've raided in legion is fury. Because of the extreme overhaul of the other specs, and due to me quitting for awhile in the middle of legion, I've only played fury.

Player info & hardware: I've played since late cata on and off. I've a pretty high-end gaming computer which can handle everything in the game, without much trouble.

Nationality: Sweden

Can you use TS3? I can use TS3 without any problems, although other people might have a problem with me because of my age

Is speaking in TS3 difficult to you? Why? As said previously, some people may have a problem with me because of a light voice or low age, but speaking in TS3 is no problem.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights? Depends on the fight, for example on skorpyron I might have a lower dps than on elisande. Normally I have about 60-80 fps stable.

How are you connected to the Internet? State your download and upload speeds and your provider. I have a cable directly from my modem, which gives me a stable 110mb download speed and 12mb upload speed. My internet provider is COMHEM.

Player history and aims: I don't have a history in raiding at all, because of my young age I haven't really any experience from previous raids, outside of LFR in previous expansions. In legion, I've raided both normal and HC NH and managed to get Ahead of the Curve Gul'Dan.

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now? I don't have any previous guilds of note, but I applied now because I want to do more raiding than just pugging normal and HC, and because I have alot of time on my hands.

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)? I can attend raids every day, from 16:00 to 22:30 every weekday. On weekends I can play all day, and basically all night.

Raid Experience (Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD): As stated previously, I don't have any raid experience outside of LFR except for legion.

What do you expect from Colour? I expect a friendly raiding guild in which I can evolve myself and hopefully also bring something to raids, and I would also hope to eventually reach mythic nighthold.

Raiding:

How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example? With "responibility and deal with it" I don't really understand what I'm meant to type, so I'm presuming you mean what I do in raids/before. If I'm doing a boss I've never done before or am relatively new to, I'll research and watch some guides and usually look at what I can do as a very mobile class (fury warrior) to help the raid.

How do you prepare yourself for raids? As said previously, If I'm new to a boss I research it. Otherwise, before raids I buy flasks, food and runes.

Class mechanics

How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself? Fury isn't extremely complicated, and the only thing you really need to focus on is to keep enrage up as much as possible and managing cooldowns. I read the full icyveins guides of every class I play (including alts) and if I keep fucking something up I watch a guide about that issue and practice it.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells? Pop potion of prolonged power, charge, as I'm charging I'll pop avatar and battlecry since avatar is off the GCD. When I get in range of the boss I rampage to get enraged and then pop draught of souls. I then use odyn's fury, then my normal rotation ensues. my normal rotation is to use bloodthirst and raging blow of cooldown, and throwing in one or two furious slashes whenever I can. When I reach 100 fury, I'll use rampage along with my frothing berserker proc.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank & spank? What situations are these? If I'm in an AoE fight I'll throw in whirlwinds before each bloodthirsts and rampage to get the Meat Cleaver buff, which allows those two abilities to hit up to 4 additional targets for 50% damage.

Miscellaneous:

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ler/simple

Link to relevant logs (World of Logs, Warcraftlogs or AskMrRobot):

Anything else you wish to say? I'm also leveling alchemy and herbalism, so in the future I'll be able to supply the raid with cauldrons and flasks.

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Gorehowler - Fury Warrior

Postby Jerkix » Thu May 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Hey Gorehowler

Thanks for the application! We will discuss it and get back to you as soon as possible :)

Jerkix

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Gorehowler - Fury Warrior [Pending]

Postby Jerkix » Fri May 05, 2017 12:31 am

Hey again Gorehowler

We have decided to decline your application due to various reasons. Some of those being that you are lacking alot of raiding experience and you can not make our raid schedule.
We suggest you look for a guild with less progress than us in order to learn from them and grow as a player!
We wish you good luck finding a new guild :)

The Officer Team

Return to “Recruitment”