Dio - Holy Priest [Accepted]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Dio
Peon

Dio - Holy Priest [Accepted]

Postby Dio » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:43 am

Name:
Diomache

Class:
Priest

Mainspec
Holy

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?
I 've played holy priest since the beginning and even though priest is in general behind druids and shammies in healing i really like this toon to switch to something else.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?
I haven't played a lot of the other specs, as i like holy (even though it could use some buffs). Both my shadow and disc are on 54 (39 now) traits. I also don't have any legendaries in disc / shadow, but i do have 9/10 in holy.

Player info & hardware

Nationality:
Greek

Can you use TS3?
Yes

Is speaking in TS3 difficult to you? Why?
Not really difficult, though i prefer to stay quiet in general and only talk when needed.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?
On my laptop i am usually on ~40 fps. On my desktop it's arround ~60. Depends on enabling / disabling shadows and other stuff.

How are you connected to the Internet? State your download and upload speeds and your provider.
Down: 10Mbit/s
Up: 2Mbit/s
ISP : Wind

Player history and aims

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
My priest in currently in Stormreaver. My previous guild was Gehenna and i left due to slow progress and repeating failures of certain individuals.

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?
Currently available to raid daily. I have a couple of interviews for jobs atm and my availability might be subject to change but as they are both day jobs i expect to have evenings available for raiding.

Previous Raid Experience (All expansions):
I've raiding hardcore in the past in Curse / MyM / SK / Ensidia from Vanilla - Wotlk. I took a break during Pandaria - Draenor and I came back to raid less hardcore than in the past.

What do you expect from Colour?
I expect a mature raiding environment, and focus above all. I expect people to learn stuff and not keep repeating the same mistakes over and over as raid time is limited and progress needs to happen!

Raiding

How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?
I don't stay quiet when i mess something up, i admit what i have done. When a wipe is called i'll be the first one to go and die in a fire and try to save the raid 30 seconds of dpsing the boss while in a bubble ...

How would you prepare yourself for a raid?
Prepare consumables (food / flasks / pots), look up videos of the encounter and read anything i can find on the internet.

Class mechanics

How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?
I've been playing holy priest throughout the brief history of WoW so i am fairly acquainted with the class. I check threads on various forums regarding rotations and itemization that could improve my gameplay.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank
fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?
Use prayer of mending on CD, use the holy wards if they are not on CD and they can be used effectively. Spam Prayer when there is AoE dmg, otherwise use Flash heal or Heal if damage comes in smaller chunks. Use my Hymn when told by the raid leader.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank and spank? What situations are these?
The current state of the holy priest does not really offer a big variation in usable talents. It's pretty much the same thing everywhere.

Miscellaneous

Professions : Tailoring / Enchanting

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... che/simple
Logs were held private from my previous guild.
Anything else you wish to say?
I've had a small talk with Diksi; should you need anything else , don't hesitate to ask me.

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Dio - Holy Priest

Postby Jerkix » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey Diomache

Thank you for the application! We'll take a look and get back to you as soon as possible.

- Jerkix

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Dio - Holy Priest [Pending]

Postby Jerkix » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Hey Diomache

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?
Currently available to raid daily. I have a couple of interviews for jobs atm and my availability might be subject to change but as they are both day jobs i expect to have evenings available for raiding.

Any updates in regards to your interviews?

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
My priest in currently in Stormreaver. My previous guild was Gehenna and i left due to slow progress and repeating failures of certain individuals.

We understand that you come from a quite hardcore/competitive background (Ensidia etc.). People failling is something that happens in every semi-hardcore guild. Obviously we try to avoid people making the same mistake over and over again. Though what we are interested in is how you react to other people failing? Do you start typing in raid chat or talk over TS3? Or do you express your dissatisfaction to the officers?

Dio
Peon

Re: Dio - Holy Priest [Pending]

Postby Dio » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:12 pm

Nothing as of yet, feedback from one of them is coming back in two weeks time.

I've developed an 'elitist' approach to the game, trying to fail as less as possible. Of course saying negative stuff doesn't help progress, and I try to avoid that as much as possible. I fail as well, none is perfect. But if i do see a same person dying for the 50th time on a void zone i might say something though, but most comments are directed to officers after the raid.

Leefter
Centurion

Re: Dio - Holy Priest [Accepted]

Postby Leefter » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Hello Dio. We have decided to offer you an 2 week trial spot in our team. You can /w to any of the officers (Leefter, Nóxiuz, Jerkix, Thealm, Sillykon or Lemonhunter) for guild invite.

-Leefter
Image Even though you don´t hear me, I´m still there ;)

Return to “Recruitment”