Napsy - Affliction Warlock [Declined]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Napsy
Peon

Napsy - Affliction Warlock [Declined]

Postby Napsy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Character info

Name: Napsy
Class: Warlock
Mainspec: Affliction

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?

I chose the Warlock because after playing resto druid for a long time i decided i wanted to try out the dps scene in WoW and with Affliction having to manage dots i figured that would be a solid choice to start out. I love the spec and it's great fun

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?

While i do not have experience in the 2 other specs i should be able to pick them up fairly easy should the need arise. Having played a multitude of different mmorpg's and roles my general knowledge of these game are pretty good by now and i am able to transfer my knowledge around fairly easy and apply it to different classes/specs

Player info & hardware

Nationality: Danish
Can you use TS3? Yes
Is speaking in TS3 difficult to you? Why? Not at all
Whats your fps in raids during boss fights? Swings between 30-60
How are you connected to the Internet? State your download and upload speeds and your provider. http://www.speedtest.net/result/6170721632

Player history and aims

What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?

In WoD i played briefly in a guild called "Noobstbh" as a resto druid but ended up quitting. In legion i recently left the guild "Ascendo Tuum" due to 3 weeks with lack of progression and people not joining the raid

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?

All days after 16:00 server time i would available

Raid Experience (Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD):

Very minor - Did abit of healing in WoD but nothing too noteworthy, my exp comes mainly from other games

What do you expect from Colour?

I am hoping for something more than just a bunch of people logging in to raid. While raiding ofc is the main focus without people to play and enjoy the game with it would rather dull. Would love to see a guild that logs in and join on comms because they enjoy spending their free time together do mythic plus together and even play other games with each other when WoW is lacking content

Raiding

How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?

This is a tough one - I seen a couple of people mention Trilliax here which is a prime example of Mechanics > Personal score which i absolutely agree with. Would not mind grabbing some talents that lowered my dps but increased my mobility for the sake of mechanics. If i fuck up on a personal level ( die etc ) i will spend my time dead comming up with a way to avoid that same mistake for the next pull

How do you prepare yourself for raids?

I bring all the things i need to bring and alway got a good stockpile of pots/flasks etc. Other than that in between raids i spend my time looking at both my own and other warlocks logs, simming my char and testing things at the dummies scouting mmo-champion + other sources and following a few people on youtube/twitch. I like to min max to the best of my ability and thinking of positioning/talents/spell priority and exactly how to deal with certain mechanics optimally i really enjoy and is half my reason for playing the game

Class mechanics

How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?

I covered half of this above - As for how well i know the mechanics of my class i would say my affliction knowledge is pretty solid right now

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?

Opener:
Agony
Agony on effigy
Corruption
Siphon life
UAx1
Drain

After this it becomes a fun little game of positioning and finding spots in the fight where i can get full uninterrupted drain phases. The single target rotation for afflocks is really easy and it all comes to position and proper use of reap. I could discuss this for a long time and much better over voicecomms but this is the general idea

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank & spank? What situations are these?

That depends purely on the fight - I have to change my spec pretty much each fight and with good reason. My talents allow me to be very versatile in single target / AOE / cleave and again this is something i would be happy to discuss on comms otherwise i am gonna end up writing an entire guide for my class (:

Miscellaneous
Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... psy/simple

Link to relevant logs (World of Logs, Warcraftlogs or AskMrRobot):

Logs from my old guild - I should be in every encounter the past month+ https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/107049

Personal rankings : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=1

Anything else you wish to say?

My experience in WoW as a dps is only very recent and i been rapidly improving while my logs average might not be the best you should be able to see a steady curve of me performing better since i started. Chronomatic anomaly is a boss i worked on and the result is shown very clearly over the 3 times i killed him. I hope to get a chance to improve further and learn/play with people that got alot more experience than i do so far

Also if you are interested in my application i would love a talk with you on comms before proceeding any further to get a better idea of what kind of people i would be playing with

Hope to hear from you best regards Napsy o7

Jerkix
Stone Guard

Re: Napsy - Affliction warlock

Postby Jerkix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Hey Napsy

Thanks for the application! We'll take a look and get back to you as soon as possible :)

- Jerkix

Zeord
Guild Master

Re: Napsy - Affliction Warlock [Pending]

Postby Zeord » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 am

Hey Napsy

Unfortunately we cannot fit you in our roster at the moment. Good luck in your guild searching and I hope you find a suitable place to raid!

-Officer Team

Return to “Recruitment”