Ayimprepared - Havoc DH [Declined]

Create and send your application to join the guild.
Ayimprepared
Grunt

Ayimprepared - Havoc DH [Declined]

Postby Ayimprepared » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Character info
Name: Ayimprepared
Class: Demon Hunter
Mainspec: Havoc
Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?

Fits my playstyle perfectly, Lore of it, im an illidan fangirl (as every dh lul). Im always prepared (my name says it even), mythic ready, knowledge on level, and willing to commit to guild/schedule.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?

I dont play tanks, since Vengeance is the only offspec DH's have.

Player info & hardware
Nationality: Serbian
Can you use TS3? Yes.
Is speaking in TS3 difficult to you? Why?

I have no trouble communicating in English since thats the primary language i am using in every game, i am used to it.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?

Depending of the boss. 60-120.

How are you connected to the Internet? State your download and upload speeds and your provider.

25/4/ SBB (Serbia Broadband Networks)

Player history and aims
What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
Only serious guild and my first commitment was FOTM REROLL on stormscale. Stayed there until the end, when leaders decided they wanted to stop raiding. Exact reason why am i looking for a new home.

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?

Mon - Tue - Wed - Usualy Thur(If college doesnt seek my attention, which is sometimes never) - Fri and Whole weekend.

Raid Experience (Classic, TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD):

I casualy raided in Cataclysm, MOP, and abit in WoD. Im fresh meat in Legion as my first serious commiting expansion. That means basicaly im horny for raids :^)

What do you expect from Colour?
Raiding, commitment, friend atmosphere, fun, a new home to be, to scream with me when we kill the boss we wiped on?:)
How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?

Fullfiling my guilds needs in tearm of what i am required to do, what they want from me and every task they set for me is fullfiled.
Always coming on raids 30 minutes before raid starts(To respect people's time), always comming prepared and always study the fight even before we start it.

How do you prepare yourself for raids?

Simming, DH forums/discord, youtube vods, twitch.

Class mechanics
How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?

I believe i mastered the mechanics of the class. I studied the spells, tried every talent combo's, gear combo's and openers and found what suits me the most trough simming and live performance.
I am improving by reading, watching others play that perform better, looking logs where and what i did wrong.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?

Felrush -> Felblade -> Meta -> Nemesis/CBlades -> Draught of Souls -> Blade Dance -> Fury of the Ilidari -> Chaos Blade spam to drain fury -> Bdance on cooldown -> Arcane torrent to pool fury if needed. <- Repeat.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank & spank? What situations are these?

Havoc rotation and primary stats/spells are always relativly same. Depending of the fight, different legendarys might occur (Leg. head for heavy aoe fights -> Skorp.), Prydaz for heavy survival etc.I am always adjusting gear/talents depending of the boss.

Miscellaneous
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... mprepared/
Link to relevant logs (World of Logs, Warcraftlogs or AskMrRobot):https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T8x9WYJPhLy1ctZK
Anything else you wish to say? Zugzug?:)
Last edited by Ayimprepared on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nox
Senior Sergeant

Re: Ayimprepared - Havoc DH [Pending]

Postby Nox » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Hey there Ayimprepared

Thanks for the application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you as soon as possible! :)

- Nox

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello Ayimprepared!

I have a few questions to you regarding your opener and item choices, why are you using Draught of Souls in your opener? And why are you not opening with meta? The preferred opener is: pot > meta > CB/Nem/Arcane Torrent/Death Sweep > Felblade > Fury of the Illidari > then rotation happens. Draught of Souls should not be used during meta and especially not during first chaos blades. The optimal usage of that trinket is at 30 seconds into the fight or close to 30 seconds, at 2 minute mark, at 3:20 and so on. Because you're wasting both death sweeps and annihilations from meta when you use it at the same time. Now there is a different way to use the trinket IF you're using CoF which you arent using all the time. But then it should still only be used with DS on cooldown.

Also i see from your logs that you're sometimes using CoF. If you have the shoulders you should always use CoF with a meta relic or the passive from shoulders is pointless as you can't line up your second meta with CB/Nem. Also the Draught of Souls is good and obviously ridiculous because of the 920 titanforge proc, but it's not optimal on every boss, it's good on bosses like Trilliax, Krosus, single target fights.

I'd like you reasoning behind your opener and why you think thats the best rotation for you.

/Pushba.

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Hello Pushba!

The opener i wrote is mainly the opener for DoS. And yes, 920 titanforge procs are good. I am using it on st based fights, and yes, switching out alot of trinkets on and off (I have every trinket from nighthold). Reason why am i using it on the opener is because of the possibility to pool me fury on the fights we are not using bloodlust on the start. So with felblade + DoS i usualy get 120-130 fury and ready to spam the Chaos blade. Obviously that depends of the fight. DoS with CB/Nem buff hits 800-850k in 0.5s per proc, sometimes even more. I tried the 30 seconds one (With nemesis buff duration remaining) and i found the one on the start works better for me. And yes, mostly i am using CoF, but i equiped the Memento of Angerboda when we fought Botanist (p3 deahts proccs alot).

That is just my rotation for the DoS (forgot to mention pot but yeah). If im not using DoS, then the rotation you states is the one i am using everytime.

Sorry for the late response!

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Also 2x meta relics + Chaos blades relic+ legendary shoulders so meta is off by 5-15 seconds when i am using DoS/Memento

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:28 am

Alright. Sorry didn't notice that you had meta relics, explains it. What legendaries do you have besides shoulders and Prydaz? The 2 min meta thing is hyped but not as effective as one would like when it comes to raw dps.

Yes as i said, it's one thing using DoS because it's a 920 titanforge, but i personally don't like the trinket for some minor obvious reasons. With your gear you should be able to do openers that are above or close to 2 million dps, with the trinket you're not doing this because of how you use it. Demon hunter dps is alot about our openers, if we lack in dps when we burst we will end low as well. So with the build you're playing you should always look to maximize your opener. And i don't really believe that using DoS instantly is the right way to go, i'd like to see any log where you didn't open with DoS to compare.

But i also found that you're not using blade dance/death sweep often enough. On most fights you can get 3x metas because of the shoulders and relics, but you only average about 12 death sweeps, that's about the same as i do with 2 metas. Which basically means that you should be able to do at least 15+ death sweeps during meta, part reason why it is like this might be because you use DoS during meta. But i've also looked at cast intervals between blade dances and sometimes you go 18+ seconds without casting (usually 9 sec cd) it and that's way too long and you lose alot of dps not prioritizing blade dance.

But these are very "easy" to fix problems and i like that you know the other opener and stay true to your application (that you research your class). I'm no officer but i would personally want to see other logs where you tried the other way and focused more on blade dance/death sweep and see if there's an improvement. Because atm you're kinda low on the dps-part for the gear you have.

/Pushba

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:39 am

Dear Pushba,

Thanks for the reply. Im flattered you took interested to write to me here, and sugest any improvements. Always much appreciated.
I'll try to explain the use of DoS > Other trinkets sometimes.
Its mainly due to my lack of fury regen sometimes and ofcourse lack of better legendaries. I have not been very lucky with my legendaries at all. I have 5 of them (Head, shoulders, Sephuz, Prydaz and Wrist for bloodlet), hence hte Shoulder/prydaz combo.

Part of the blade dance is due to DoS cast time yes, and depending on hte boss fight i was part of. On my mythic raids i was the one interupting the adds on chrono and on trillax i moved alot for back cakes, so that was my job, so i was loosing alot of the time.
Sometimes i try too hard to squeeze in as much as Annihilations as i can, which can be a part of a problem you were addresing.

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:51 am

That's no problem at all! I am myself always looking to improve myself so i log dive etc just to see differences alot, which helps because you can see specific areas where you need to improve yourself. DoS is good for that yes, but maybe not in your opener, you shouldnt have many fury problems during meta/bloodlust at least. And it's really unfortunate that you've had bad luck with legendaries, they do matter alot to us.

The thing is that when you play with first blood, both blade dance and death sweep is more dps per execution time than chaos strike/annihilation so even delaying them for 1 second is a dps loss, and you sometimes delay them for 9 seconds or more. If you have to do mechanics that's fine, but i don't think theres alot you do in Krosus heroic, and you're still low on both blade dances/death sweep. I understand your reasoning but i don't agree with it, annihilation might feel very powerful but death sweep is our best spell, period. It does the highest DPS per execute time of all our spells, fury of the Illidari can compete but it has a long CD. Short story, it's not annihilation you should try to squeeze in more of, it's death sweep.

But you seem very reasonable so i hope you take this "critique" the right way.

/Pushba

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 am

I can recommend using this macro, it basically covers your whole opener for you. Pot > Meta to boss > Hit the macro > Fury of the Illidari > Felblade > Death Sweep > Anni spam.

#showtooltip Chaos Blades
/startattack
/cast Nemesis
/cast Chaos Blades
/cast Arcane Torrent
/cast Death Sweep

Just to add a little note: You should also bind nemesis alone because it should sometimes be used without chaos blades. Like when the fight has less than 2 minutes left and you'll only get 1 more CB off you should fish for mastery procs before using it but you instantly nemesis. So for times like that or on skorpyron etc you should bind Nemesis alone as well.

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:01 am

Imo its not a critiquie, i look at it as a friendly tip to improve, always taken!
Thanks, hopefuly we'll have a chance to discuss this further in the guildchat! :)

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:07 am

We'll see what the officers decide. But i would still want you to try out the other way and post logs here if there's any difference. Because i'm afraid the DPS you do atm on your mythic encounters wont cut it, we have a big melee lineup and you'd be competing against 3 other DHs so any sort of evidence that you can improve the things above will help your case, just a friendly advice.

Good luck!

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:10 am

I dont log myself, logs were from the previous guild.
But, if it helps joining, i'll do it. Which boss do you want me to do? I am saved on HC NH, rest i could do.

Pushba
First Sergeant

Postby Pushba » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 am

Do you know how to log? Krosus heroic is probably optimal for that kind of log.

If you don't know there's a fairly simple guide on warcraftlogs.com that you can follow and download their client. Just remember to activate "advanced combat logging" in the ingame options.

Ayimprepared
Grunt

Postby Ayimprepared » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 am

Sadly, saved for Krosus. And normal is not optimal for logging since fight is severly shorter.
Ill figure out something, thanks for the tips. Appreciate it.

Leefter
Centurion

Postby Leefter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:17 am

You can still go to HC and take logs from there, being locked doesnt mean that you cant kill bosses again.
Image Even though you don´t hear me, I´m still there ;)

Return to “Recruitment”