Nóxiuz - Retribution Paladin [EXAMPLE APPLICATION]

Create and send your application to join the guild.

Nóxiuz - Retribution Paladin [EXAMPLE APPLICATION]

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:39 pm

The application below shows the standard and level of commitment we want to see from our applicants. Feel free to use it as inspiration but do note that we look very serious on plagiarism.

Don't copy this application but the template in the other topic marked [READ THIS FIRST]. This is just an example.

Nóxiuz - Retribution Paladin

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Character info
Name:
Nóxiuz

Class:
Paladin

Mainspec
Retribution

Why did you chose this class & spec and how do you benefit the guild?
I switched from Rogue to Paladin in early TBC and it’s been my main ever since. As a retribution paladin I believe I’m one of the DPS classes that brings the most utility to the raid while still doing competitive DPS, both in single target and AoE/cleave. Having BoP, freedoms, offhealing and the occasional LoH can be crucial in some situations.

Would you be able to play different spec of your class? Do you have raiding experience on other specs?
I used to play Holy as my mainspec all the way from TBC to the start of Legion, so I have no problem switching it around if that is what the guild needs. I always make sure to keep my offspec up to date both gearwise and AP wise so the transition would be as smooth as possible.

Player info & hardware

Nationality:
Danish

Can you use TS3?
Yes. I have no problem using TS3 to express my self when needed. Having good communication is what separates a good guild from a mediocre guild. I think that it is important that the whole raid is willing and able to do speak up when asked to.

Whats your fps in raids during boss fights?
Depends on the fight but I reckon around 60-90 fps.

Player history and aims
What are your previous guilds and why are you applying now?
My previous guild was called DeMarcosCave on Azjol-Nerub. Me and my IRL friends (most are in the guild right now) had a 10man team in this guild with me as a raid leader (Yes, I used to boss around Jerkix.. guess the tables have turned) and later on made our own guild called Hangover. We managed to grab quite a few realm first/horde first achievements.

How often can you attend raids (state days & times in gametime)?
I have looked on your official raiding times and I can attend all of the raids. As I think that it is very important not to forget or cut down too much on your real life activities there might be a risk that I can't show on a raid. This will however not happen often as I will make sure that I plan both my raiding and the rest of my life.

Previous Raid Experience (All expansions):
- Classic: MC, ZG, AQ20 and first couple of bosses in AQ40
- TBC: Kara, Gruuls, Mag, SSC, TK(except Kael), 2/9 BT and 5/6 Hyjal.
- WotLK: Naxx, Ulduar10(+0 keepers), Ulduar25(except Firefighter and Yogg+1), ToC, ToGC25(Tribute to Mad Skill 49 tries), ICC10+all achieves, ICC25(except LK HC)
- Cataclysm: Realm first on most kills in BoT, BWD and TotFW. Firelands10 HC, DS up to spine HC.
- MoP: N/A
- WoD: N/A

What do you expect from Colour?
I expect three days of raiding which are filled with commitment and hard work. This will hopefully lead to some nice progress and thus making me reach my goals in WoW. I also expect a nice and friendly guild environment.

Raiding
How do you take responsibility and deal with it? Can you give an example?
To be able to successful take responsibility it is important to know exactly whats expected from you. By reading the guild rules I know the basic things like signing up for raids and come well prepared. If it's anything other than that I will make sure that I know what to do. If I feel that I won't be able to do those things expected from me I will let the people in charge know this as soon as possible to avoid further problems. I actually prefer taking some sort of responsibility or being assigned to a specific role during an encounter. Some examples I can think of from the top of my head would be clearing Spores on Mythic Botanist, rotating CDs/BoP’ing tanks and using freedom/offhealing/LoH when needed. Of course I want to do as much damage as possible, but if I can help out the raid by doing something else than bashing my buttons for a second, I don’t mind at all.

How would you prepare yourself for a raid?
I make sure to have all the needed tactics for the raid in mind and if I am unsure of any I will spend some time reading up on it. I will come to the instance in time fully prepared and with all the consumables needed. In addition to that I will arrange things so that I can attend the whole raid without going AFK i.e. sort out toilet, food and everything else that might get in the way of progress. I do of course expect these things from my guild mates as well.

Class mechanics
How well do you know the mechanics of your class you play? How do you improve yourself?
I'm always doing a lot of research on Ret paladins and their current state. I always Sim my character as soon as I get an item upgrade, to make sure I have the correct stat weights for my current itemization. I always look for tips and tricks to improve myself either from forums or the retri pala discord.

What would your standard rotation of abilities/spells (healing/dps/tanking) be for a typical tank and spank
fight, and why would you use those abilities/spells?

For a typical tank a spank fight I would always open with Divine Hammer+Arcane Torrent 5 seconds before the pull. This will instantly get me 3 Holy Power which allows me get a Templar's Verdict off as fast as possible. Once the boss is pulled I open with Judgment, Crusade, Templar's Verdict (from the Holy Power i got pre-pull), Wake of Ashes, Templar's Verdict, Divine Hammer (I'm able to cast Divine Hammer again already since i used it exactly 5 seconds before pull), Templar's Verdict, Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict. The main goal as a Ret paladin is to stack Crusade as fast as possible and I believe this rotation is the most efficient way of doing so. It allows me to consistently get 13 stacks during the first Judgment, sometimes 15 depending on procs. A part from that it’s all about only using holy power spenders when you have judgment up, and if judgment is off and on cd I simply spend the downtime building holy power.

How do you adjust this rotation in other situations than tank and spank? What situations are these?
It's pretty much the same thing, except for Divine Storm instead of Templar's Verdict. With the current state of Divine Hammer vs Blade of Wrath changing talents is almost never needed, this will however change in ToS if the current 7.2.5 PTR notes go through.

Miscellaneous
Professions : Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/S ... z/advanced

Link to relevant logs (World of Logs or Warcraftlogs):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

Link to UI in a raid setting
I don't have one from actual raid combat, but the only difference is I have a lot of WeakAuras tracking different things when I'm in combat.
Raid: http://i.imgur.com/ZMkmgBt.jpg
WeakAuras shown: http://i.imgur.com/0FJizzg.jpg

Anything else you wish to say?
I hope that this application gives all the information you need. If you need anything else or want an interview or test run don't hesitate to contact me in game.

Nox
Senior Sergeant

Re: Nóxiuz - Retribution Paladin [EXAMPLE APPLICATION]

Postby Nox » Tue May 16, 2017 6:17 pm

Updated 16.05.17

Return to “Recruitment”